As a parent member of Springhall, a parent automatically becomes a member of the Parents' Alliance.
Our school recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children, thereby making staff members co-workers with parents in providing care and education for them. Ways in which you, as a parent, can take part in making the school a welcoming and stimulating place for the children and other parents are:
- Exchanging knowledge about your child's needs, interests and progress with the staff
- Supporting your child's learning at home
- Helping at sessions of the school
- Sharing your own special interests with the children
- Communicating observations and expectations to the school
- Attending school functions and events
- Joining in community activities in which the school takes part
- Building friendship with other parents
The school has a dated rota which parents can sign if you would like to help at a particular session within the school day. Helping at sessions enable you to see what the day-to-day life of the school is like and join in helping the children to get the best out of their activities.
Executive team of Parents Alliance is made up of parent class representatives of each class. Becoming a parent class representative makes you the voice for all other parents in your class at relevant meetings with the school and sometimes at special committees.
If you wish to serve as a parent class rep, please speak to your child’s teacher within the first week of resumption for s new school year.